How to Help - In the Neighborhood
"We are all Beekeepers. Plant Flowers Keep Bees!"
In The Neighborhood
Did you know there are more than 4,000 species of native bees that live in the United States and Canada? They range from as small as 1/10 of an inch to over an inch. 95% of them are solitary and live in the ground or in wood. Especially the small bees can only go a few blocks without needing a flower to refuel. Through creating pollinator safe neighborhoods, you are helping to supply habitat and jumping off points for these little bees to forage the nectar and pollen they so desperately need.Check out this TED TALK
- Get your neighbors involved. Become a pollinator safe neighborhood coordinator!
- For more information visit: https://peopleandpollinators.org/pollinator-safe
- Become a citizen scientist and help monitor native bees
- Bumble Bee Watch
- For more information visit:
And In Society
- Support Local Pollinator Friendly Legislation
- Join and Support Pollinator Friendly Organization in your area