Try this as a side dish or main (for you veggie lovers) using your favorite winter root vegetables and Simply Bee Organic's Raw Honey.
- 1/4 cup of Simply Bee Organic's Raw Honey
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound total), peeled, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt and crushed ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium to large (3-quart) baking dish, toss together sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, walnuts, honey, and oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are browned at edges and tender when pierced with a knife or about 1 hour.
Founder's Secret: Add in a couple of tablespoons of Simply Bee Organic's Lemon & Ginger Herbal Honey to give your roasted vegetables an added zest of flavor. Recipe works with any of your favorite winter root vegetables.